* Please note to enter a specialist category, you must also enter a Gold Award. There is no limit to the number of Specialist Categories you can enter.
NEW: Employee support during COVID-19
Please outline ways in which your organisation has adapted its workplace policies during the era of the coronavirus pandemic. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Practical help for working from home
- Mental health support
- Changes to the office (if relevant)
- Employee/employer communications channels and approaches
Please note: it's likely that you would have mentioned some of these steps earlier in the application form. It's not a problem to repeat them here.
Training & Development Award
- How do you decide what kind of training you provide to individual members of staff? Eg: during line manager appraisals, using third party training providers
- Describe your approach to staff training
- How do you measure the success of the training programmes?
- How much money and/or time do you allocate to staff training and development?
- How are staff promotions managed?
- How do you identify and fill skills gaps?
Reward & Benefits Award
- Describe your approach to staff pay
- Please describe your approach to staff bonuses. Eg: how the bonus is calculated, what percentage of profit is spent on bonuses
- Are staff able to acquire equity in the business? If so, please detail your approach
- What is your pay bracket for entry-level staff? Eg: £23k to £26k
- How do you assess if staff are being fairly remunerated for their work? Eg: benchmarking against industry averages
- Please describe your approach to holidays/annual leave
- Please describe your approach to staff sabbaticals, if applicable, and detail how many employees have taken sabbaticals in the past three years
- Describe your staff pension offer
- Please list other main staff benefits that you offer. Eg: health insurance, gym membership, cycle to work schemes
Mental Health Award
- How do you ensure your staff don't work excessive hours?
- How do you compensate or reward staff who work excessive hours?
- Detail any specific policies or schemes you have to support the mental health of employees
- How do you measure the success of these schemes?
- How would you support a member of staff whose mental health appears to be suffering?
- How do you ensure line managers are able to support the mental health of their team?
Diversity and Inclusion Award
- How do you encourage diversity in your recruitment, in terms of gender, ethnicity, educational background, disability and LGBTQ+?
- What impact have your policies had on the makeup of the workforce? Eg: proportion of non-white and female staff and board members
Internship and apprenticeships
- Describe your organisation's approach to internships, if applicable
- What impact has the internship scheme had on your organisation and on interns, if applicable? Eg: how many interns go on to become full-time staff members
- Describe your organisation's approach to apprenticeships, if applicable
- What impact has the apprenticeship scheme had on your organisation and on interns (if applicable)? Eg: how many interns go on to become full-time staff members